ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
Sunday, February 03, 2008
It's kinda scary how one month has come and gone O: This weekend has really been a good break. Been feeling tired throughout the week. But thank God for the weekends! Don't know what I'd do without it.
Played Captain's Ball before youth yesterday. Was rather impromptu. Started off with one ball and halfway through the game someone started adding in more balls D: Like we had this beach ball and some soccer ball and towards the end a rugby ball?! It was fun nonetheless. Was great to have Jon around again, since he got out of the army!
Kor came out on Saturday. Booked in again today at 6pm, so we had a like super early dinner. Kor has grown up (if I am qualified to make such a conclusion :D) Army stories are really interesting. And he was telling me how even though it's quite cool to like learn martial arts (SAF is the cool man, they like incorporate different styles of fighting into one wowza) and fire guns and all that, essentially they're teaching you how to kill someone. And it makes a lot of sense. May we never go to war. World peace yo, world peace.
But one thing I'm really glad about (and my parents too) is that he seems to be drawing closer to God. Like he was telling us how he's been praying more often now (and like when he was doing nainai's eulogy, he brought in God quite a few times which was awesome). And he said how he had a firing test on Tuesday morning (if you fail it you'll have to redo BMT) and he got 2/16 shots (which is really bad la). They had a retest at night (which is totally !!! because isn't it like harder to see at night -.- even if you have your special night vision goggles or whatever) and he prayed before that and he got 12/16! :D Also, he was saying how one of his officers was a Christian and that dude lent him his guitar. And that officer is planning to start a cellgroup and kor was like "so it'll be good la, if I find time for it." And inside I was like :D :D :D
God is awesome yo. I never really thought that army would somehow sort of bring him closer to God, since people say that you learn lots of bad things in the army- foul language etc. But praise the Lord!
His appetite is humongous now, it's scary. Like during nainai's wake right, after the service he'll go get like all the paos and dessert and dimsum that we catered. And if he still feels hungry he'll go to the kitchen and look around for food. Lol. And he's not scrawny anymore! So he looks better now (Y).
Okay anyway enough of the brother.
I'm looking forward to CNY. It's going to be a good break, and meeting up with all the relatives, it's going to be fun. Except mummy told me in the car today that I won't get any angbaos boo. Because nainai passed away, so it's not good to give and take angbaos and stuff, even if people don't mind, because if something really happens then people will start linking things together. Oh well sigh, but it's okay CNY's more than angbaos! CNY this year will be without nainai. Going to be different, but it's alright. Haha it's quite funny how like yeye passed away 1-2 weeks after CNY, and now nainai like before CNY. Going to Malaysia on Wednesday after Kor books out. We'll be visiting sugong and the cousins. I do want to know them better, but honestly it's still quite awkward la. Even with Mervyn, it's more of a distant kind of conversation. He's doing medicine though! Well going to do, starting school in Feb. And Ronald and him may go over to UK, and if they really do it'll be quite interesting because jie will be there. The cousins are really funny though. Like my mummy was telling them that they were very good kids, obedient and what not. And Mervyn was like "No la, not all. Only me only me." Lol. And mummy asked them why Gabriel was darker than them and they said because he exercises more (But Mervyn's a rugger la O: Though he quit already la but still...) Mummy asked why they dont exercise too and Ronald said "Too old la." :D
Jie keeps telling me to talk to them when I meet them during CNY. But it's so awkwarddd... I know Kor wouldn't say anything, and since Jie's over at UK I'm left alone to uh talk. If we got to know them better, it'd be loads of fun I predict. Just like the good old days when we were little kiddos. (When I think about it, sometimes I wish we didn't stop going back to Klang like after I was 6 years old. Because there was this huge gap of what 6 years before we went back there again- during those 6 years we met nainai and yeye and dagu in the condo in Malacca. Maybe things would have turned out differently. Closer to the cousins, not having to trouble nainai and yeye to drive down (though they really didn't mind), less regrets etc. But nevermind it's okay, we start anew)
Life's been okay so far. Doing QT everyday, and that helps immensely. Little sec1s are coming in tomorrow, I hope we'll be a good testimony. So much I want to do this year, academics, GB, youth. But I can't do it on my own. So many things to pray about. Pray pray pray.
Got work to do but I don't want to work. Okay I shall get down to work.
BYE :D
simplicity.
*****
simple facts
peiling
30 march
christian
tnsrgs